Friday, April 17, 2009

17dots radio show on EVR playlist No. 2



My show this week really is about my "youthier" times (thank you for that term S. Marbury, I use it often.) I got mega nostalgic pulling the songs to play and even more so playing them in order. Technical issues prevented me from playing fully hard core to twee back and forth, but you get the idea. In my view, all these songs are punk and all of them have parts that make them poppy. Genre identity is pretty boring to me.

Anyway, listen here an I hope you dig it. If you have any questions about any of the songs or bands, let me know!

M

Beat HappeningGodsend

Happy Go LickyAnsol

FrumpiesDeliberate Indifference

FirepartyBite

Tiger TrapSupreme Nothing

AutoclaveI'll Take You Down

ChiselHip Straights

Big BoysWhich Way To Go

Minor ThreatSalad Days

Black FlagDepression

EggHuntWe All Fall Down

Rites of SpringFor Want Of”


Comet GainStrength

FuryShotgun

LoisNarcissus

HeroinBlindly

Huggy BearCarn't Kiss

RiceRice Pickers

Aislers SetLast Match

Gray MatterChutes and Ladders

BrtamobileThroway

Born AgainstJanelle


The Filthy PrudesRecord Player

Nation of UlyssesLove is a Bull Market

PastelsNothing To Be Done

VoidWho Are You?

HeavenlyItchy Chin

TreepeopleGRE

Go SailorTogether Forever In Love

FugaziMargin Walker

Talulah GoshBeatnik Boy

BlitzVoice of a Generation

Youth of TodayNo More

Big Drill Car5 Year Itch

MinutemenUntitled Song For Latin America

Shudder To ThinkRed House

Clikitat IkatowiEar

SpinanesHawaiian Baby

Courtney LoveMotorcycle Boy

Brief Weeds(It's So Hard Not To) Say Hello

UnrestYes She Is My Skinhead girl

McTellsClean

CannanesNo One

2 comments:

  1. "Hawaiian Baby" is like a time machine back to college! That song still kills me dead everytime I listen to it - sooo good. Whatever happened to Rebecca Gates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's making music and travels between RI, TX and NY. She should be out with something soon!

    ReplyDelete