Thursday, March 26, 2009

Restaurants to Hit List


I've been so busy lately learning more about cooking I feel like I haven’t had a chance to actually cook OR eat at all the delicious new places popping up or offering “recession specials ”. I've started a list of all the places I want to try to hit when the opportunity arises. Here it is:

Dirt Candy
Owned and operated by a graduate of NGI, and an exciting new concept: vegetables are the focus and are prepared to maximize deliciousness but without concern for health or politics so there are some fatty rich morsels of delight. Can’t wait.

The Farm on Adderly
Ditmas Park may be the new Smith St. as far as restaurants go and this is the one that’s been around the longest. I can see making Ditmas Park being a regular summer excursion ‘cuz it’s so pretty.

Matsugen
All the Jean Georges restaurants are offering a “recession special” $24 lunch $35 dinner. Two of my classmates raved about the Matsugen one so I have to hit it before the recession is over? Will there be a depression special then?

Number 7
All the reviews have been stellar both from friends and the times. Seems especially inviting for brunch?

Scuderia
The more low key little brother to Da Silvano this place looks fun and yummy and worth checking out.

Socarrat Paella Bar
I haven’t been too lucky with most of the “authentic” Spanish restaurants in town but from the pictures and reviews this looks really good. The item in today’s serious eats sold me too. It’s like tapas bento boxes. PERFECTO!

Vinegar Hill House
Newish restaurant started by my buddy Sam Buffa and Chef Jean Adamson. It’s close enough to walk to from my house so why haven’t I gone yet? Cuz I’m an overscheduled maniac! Next time I go to St. Anne’s Warehouse I’m so there. Looks delicious.

3 comments:

  1. Let me know when you go to scuderi. It's around the corner from my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know it! we'll plan around a day you don't have to wake up at 3!

    ReplyDelete