Friday, September 26, 2008

Simple Social Graces: List Of The Week 9/26/2008


Healthy Korner Vegrtarian Chicken and Turkey Salad sandwiches:

I love these guys when I’m flying out of JFK. Only 200 cals and totally delicious. They come in vegan and non vegan varieties and are absolutely satisfying.  I left a message like a weirdo on their answering machine yesterday to see if I could find out where they sell them in midtown but so far no reply. If you have a tip, let me know!

627 Lb Woman: Jackie's Story

I stumbled upon this show,”627 Lb Woman: Jackie's Story the other night while flipping channels during commercials of some other terrible show I was watching. Although I felt extremely voyeuristic there was something so sweet and positive about Jackie that I wanted to stay and watch the whole thing. The moment where she hugs and kisses  the EMT workers who brought her home from the hospital after her gastic bypass was just so tender. She’s now down about 400 pounds to 200+ and apparently it’s still a struggle but she has the best attitude. An inspiration for us all!

Cooking School

I’ve had two real days of classes and all I can say is, it’s NO JOKE! Besides the fact that I have to rush from work on the Wednesday class night so I feel a little sweaty when I suit up it’s been intense and exciting so far. So far we’ve done:

SanitationJapanese 
Knife Skills one 
French Knife Skills (this is really specific and precise and I need to practice a LOT.) 
Equipment ID (here is the difference between a Chinoise and a China Cap)
















Tomorrow is Japanese Knife Skills two and I’m excited and nervous. I have to nurse my incoming cold so I can last for 9 hours on my feet!





Dig Out Your Soul

Oasis’ new album is available "Dig Out Your Soul" for pre-sale and I bought it because a friend passed it on to me before street date and I felt guilty for not buying it… so I did. And now I’m listening incessantly to it and loving it. “Shock of the Lightning” is my song of the year so far.

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment