Monday, September 08, 2008

Fitness and feeling good

For the last two years I've been seeing a personal trainer Malcolm Milton, at the  Dodge Y in Brooklyn.  This also has coincided with love and happiness which has brought a lot of delivery meals to my door, all of which I have been able to consume in massive amounts. The sum of this equation is while I am stronger than I've ever been, my lung capacity is up and I feel healthy, I have gained weight. I'm finally facing that reality and not wanting it to remain the case I've decided to actively try to lose what I've put on over the last two years. I just want my clothes to feel right and to feel right again. 

My new program is:
Malcolm once a week (generally on Monday) for a workout that looks something like:
3 sets of core and cardio
  • 3 x 20 bench press w/ leg lift or push ups
  • 3 x 20 squats or lunges
  • 3 x 20 kettle bell swing
  • 3 x 30 crunches on stability ball  
  • 3 x 100 revolutions on the jump rope or 3 minutes on the summit trainer

2 sets of isolated arms, legs and abs
  • 2 x 20 bicep curls
  • 2 x 20 triceps curls
  • 1 x 30 adductor exercises
  • 1 x 30 abductor exercises
  • 100 bicycle kicks
  • 2 x 30 additional abs
  • 1 x 30 calve exercises

cool down stretching
stretch arms, back, quads, hamstrings, calves, core

The other days I'm trying to do cardio, walk more and generally be outside moving whenever I can. 

I'm trying to eat less, cook more and generally eat better.

I'm really only telling you all this so you can check out Malcolms You Tube page and see how sweet he is!  And to wish me luck on my journey!



2 comments:

  1. Will YOU be MY personal trainer...and life coach??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do anything for you!

    ReplyDelete