Monday, February 02, 2009

E.S.G Live at Le Poisson Rouge 1.24.09 The Music Call Was Stronger

After seeing E.S.G at Le Poisson Rouge last week I couldn't stop thinking about them. I sat in bed the next morning with the lappie googling them and reading any interviews I could find. It wasn't easy. The ones I did find are great though. Renee Scroggins the lead vocalist and leader of the group comes across as so sincere and so sweet and so serious about music and what they've done and what they still want to do. My schedule right now is ridic so I'm not seeing too many shows. Seeing this one was refreshing in that there was total sincerity on stage. The audience of mostly hip 20 somethings were sincere too and that was refreshing as well. I had an instinct to be cynical about the audience’s enthusiasm but after thinking about it for a while I want to trust it.  So many of us are dying for authentic inspiration and for me, nothing does it like women playing music. 

This interview in XLR8R between Renee and Girl Talk is awesome. Nothing like hearing directly from the artists: "sample credits don't pay our bills."



0 comments:

Post a Comment