Sunday, October 05, 2008

Simple Social Graces: List of the week 10/5/08

The list is a little late this week because last week was koo koo feeling. I was preparing for my first quiz at NGI and it was all I could think about. I know I blew one question but I think I did pretty well other than that.

Today was the Atlantic Antic in Brooklyn, a huge street fair from Hicks and Atlantic near my house to the Atlantic Center in Downtown. The girls and I met up for a stroll and tasting of various foods. Here are my highlights:

Potato Pancakes, cabbage and kasha at the St.Cyril's of Turau Cathedral branch of the Belarusian Autocephalous Orthodox church. Yummy stuff!

Bugs Are Gone Exterminating

Women's Cooperative WE CAN DO IT/WE CAN FIX IT (917-463-0403), a woman owned, woman run business designed to create living wage jobs for their members. House cleaning and home services like painting, plumbing, carpentry etc.. COOL AS HELL!

Streamline Pilates and Providence Day Spa. Both offering specials for new clients and PDS is having a spa week the week of the 13th. Sweet!

Complete Elizabeth R VHS Boxes set for $10. I only have a VHS player in my bedroom so this is days of entertainment to be had.



View Larger Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment